Sunday

Meet me at the Queen West Art Crawl Booth D27

I've been itching to announce that my work has been accepted into the Queen West Art Crawl show and sale happening on September 19th & 20 - two short weeks away. It's the arts event of the season featuring downtown artists and it happens in Bellwoods Park, nearby the Plucked Pins home and headquarters.

I live in an apartment in a converted Victorian house in my city's Little Italy. It's a good place to be. My favourite time to work is Sundays outside when everything is steeped in quiet and mild early morning sunshine, when the older people who live in my neighbourhood take their walks in twos with slow care. It's the time of day that requires no translation if you were a child in Italy once but find yourself now across the ocean in your 70's in Canada.

Of the different pieces I've been preparing for the show, I've really been enjoying filigree and floral themes the most lately. Here are a few examples in those styles that I'll be bringing to the Art Crawl.

These pendants have winding keys on the reverse side that operate the mechanical music boxes that they contain. The filigree pendant plays a song called Love Story. The sunny yellow pendant and the pretty pink one are decorated with vintage floral findings and they play You Light Up My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails